Monday, July 20, 2009

Mind Over Matter

I DID IT! At 24 weeks and 2 days pregnant I completed my third half marathon in 2:07, not even my worst time either. It was definitely mind over matter because if I had left it up to my body I would not have made it more than the first mile. But my mind kept me going, and I did finish. Now my body is definitely making me pay for it. Baby is doing fine. Now I am off to my next challenge, needle and drug free child birth. I am up for any POSITIVE suggestions for this one.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

WOW that is Awesome I cant even imagine running that far let alone being Pregnant. GOOD LUCK is all I can say with the all natural child birth I will never be able to do that since I have to have
c-sections so keep me posted on how that goes:)

Megan said...

Hayley that is awesome. I think the same rule applies to a natural child birth. --Mind if Matter-- Just think about what you will hold in your arms afterwords.

Cailee said...

I think your crazy with have the baby natural... I say they have pain medicine so why not use them.. But your not a chicken like me, I could never do that, so good luck!!!

Chrishel said...

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy. Don't you know the Lord gave us medicine for a reason. And also, I heard that marathons were not healthy for human beings, so I imagine it is worse for Pregnant women. You be careful. but have fun.

Becca said...

Congrats on the 1/2 marathon! I could barely make it not being pregnant. Now..... on the no needle, drug free child birth, I have no suggestions. You are brave, thats all. :) Love ya. We'll miss you at the reunion.

The Mrs. said...

You should look into a water birth-supposedly being in the water cuts the pain in half, and contrary to what most people think, babies don't actually breath until their face hits the air, so they don't drown or suck in water.

Cherish said...

I have to agree with what your sister said. Pain medicine is there for use. Congrats on achieving your running goal, that is awesome!