Saturday, July 11, 2009

Family Vaction

We were able to go to Carlsbad for a week in June. We did nothing but play on the beach all day long, except for one day we went to Sea World. I expected the beach to be warmer, but apparently the Pacific Ocean is cold so the air by it is too. But we still had a lot of fun, and I enjoyed being able to relax the whole time. And of course being able to go and and eat and get ice cream every night made the whole trip.
We went to Sea World, but I think I am the only one who loved it. Nick would have rather been on the beach, and the kids favorite part about Sea World was the playground we played on at the end of the day.
Dreyson getting soaked, waiting for Nick and Rylee to get off the ride.
Getting splashed


Isn't he hot
Nick tried the surf board thing, but he was much better at the boogie board
Rylee happened to find some awesome seashells, it made her whole trip.
He was our little surfer dude in his wet suit and long blond hair. I just can't cut his hair. He hated the beach water, he would not go near it, probably because it was so cold. But he would not even get his feet wet. He just enjoyed all the food on the beach.
Drey playing ball on the beach
Nick riding the wave in
Javyn has turned into a little water bug this past of month. Before that he would scream if I tried to get him into the water, he did not want to get near it. But knowing we were going to be playing in the water for a week, the week before we left I took him swimming and made him get in the water and swim around. He ended up loving it, and can't wait to get in the pool now. We had a pool right outside our apartment door, and any time the door would open he would rush to the pool to stick his feet in, and one time thought he would jump in and the pool cleaner had to pull him out.
Javyn is such a little teaser, he teases everyone all day long. He always pretends he is asleep when we get him out of the car, or away from the couch watching Dora. He thinks it is hilarious to tickle, which is actually pinching. Drey has turned him into a little fighter. He always has his fists up ready to punch anyone he sees. I have to keep reminding him that girls do not like to fight and we don't hit them, but his little cousin watches him like a hawk, ready to run. He is the cutest little stinker.

4 comments:

Kami said...

cute pics! It was fun!

Cherish said...

I think sea world is so much fun. it is funny what we do for our kids and then the parts they really like aren't what we expected. lol
fun pictures.

Megan said...

Great pictures!I think the beach for a week sounds great. Maybe we can do that sometime, but go to a warmer beach. I know the beach up by San Fancisco is freezing. So how about Hawaii?

Becca said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go hang at the beach. I think that is one of my favorite places to go. I love the pictures. Your family is soooo darling.