Thursday, March 5, 2009

My New Hobby

I live in the most wonderful place. One of the wonderful things about it is the miles and miles of cross country ski trails. I am ashamed to admit I have never taken advantage of them until this past month, the last month of snow this year. Nick, Mackay and I went the first time. Nick did not care for it at all, and wouldn't go again. I loved it and can't wait until I can really learn how to do it (I was not moving anything like the guy who flew past me and scared the living daylights out of me).

I went with Mackay and his family. We had so much fun, though his mom and I could not wear our shoes to church the next day due to bloody heels (bad socks that day for me).

So if anyone knows where I can learn how to really x-country ski, let me know. Until then, watch out, please. When you are all alone and something just flies right past you, it is kinda scary.

5 comments:

Kami said...

Duh, you should have asked me. I only won first place in every ski race I entered! I haven't been for a while but I assure you I can kick some @$$ ;) I would love to go!

Cherish said...

that sounds fun. Great exercise! I didnt know there were that many trails either until your post.

Becca said...

Looks like fun, and a good work out in the great outdoors. I'm not sure about the bloody heels though:). Have fun learning!

Nathan and Esther said...

Good luck with that! I don't have the coordination for cross country skiing...so keep it up.

Nathan and Esther said...

Good luck with that! I don't have the coordination for cross country skiing...so keep it up.